The following statistics were taken from the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics' Survey of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities concerning the characteristics of offenders who commit violent crimes against children. They include the following:
* More than three-fourths of violent crimes against children occurred either in the offender's home or the victim's place of residence.
* More than half of the negligent manslaughter offenders' crimes occurred in a public place, such as a park or a street.
* Eight out of ten crimes by convicted sex offenders and/or child molesters in their own homes were forcible rapes or sexual assaults.
* Only one in seven offenders reported using a weapon to perpetrate the offense against the child victim.
* More than 40% of the child victims of convicted offenders suffered forcible, rape, injury or death as a result of the crime.
i am doing my senior project at school on child and i need info on pedophiles that were abused as children and why they find children appealing. i would greatly appreciate any info on that if you can. thank you!