Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sex Offender Statistics and other Child Protection topics.
According to a U. S. Department of Justice, a study done by the National Child Protection Act of 1993 found the following statistics.
* Approximately one in five convicted offenders against children had victimized a child under the age of 18.
* Younger inmates weren't as likely as older inmates to victimize children.
* Eight out of ten convicted sex offenders had committed a sexual assault against a child under 18.
* Nineteen percent of inmates convicted of a violent crime committed that crime against a child.
* Of the those inmates who were convicted for sexual assault, a child was the victim in 78% of the cases.
* Seven out of ten sexual offenders reported that they were convicted of a rape or sexual assault.