Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Child Protection Tips and other Child Protection topics.
Keep the following child protection tips in mind as you attempt to protect your child or children.
* Keep your computer in a well-used area of the house, such as the kitchen, den, or living room, so that you can easily monitor your child's activity on a consistent basis.
* Periodically check the history of your computer to view your child's activities online.
* Make use of the parental controls and filters that are offered by your Internet service provider.
* Teach your children to never give out personal information over the Internet.
* Block instant messaging from people whom your child doesn't know.
* Caution your children about the risk of chat rooms, and limit or deny their access.