The following statements concerning child pedophiles are actually myths.
* Pedophiles only have sex with children, never adults. Not true. Many are in adult relationships.
* Pedophiles randomly pick their victims. Not true. They typically know and have fantasized about their victims.
* Pedophiles are made up only of men. Not true. While men are typically more likely to be child offenders, there are documented cases of women pedophiles.
* Sex offenders are easy to suspect. Not true. Many people are surprised to discover that someone they know is a sex offender.
* Children are afraid of child pedophiles. Not true. Often these people have a close and trusted relationship with the child.
* All pedophiles receive treatment when given prison terms. Not true. Unfortunately, many never receive treatment at all.
i am doing my senior project at school on child and i need info on pedophiles that were abused as children and why they find children appealing. i would greatly appreciate any info on that if you can. thank you!