Anyone can check national sex offender registry lists to see if there are any registered sex offenders in his or her area. In some communities, residents are notified when a sex offender has moved into the area. Take the following steps upon notification of a sex offender in your area:
* Talk to your children about the definition of a sex offender.
* Instruct your children about staying away from strangers.
* Inform your children about where the sex offender lives.
* Be sure your child sees a photo of the sex offender.
* Role play with your children so they understand what to do if they are approached by someone they don't know.
* Contact your local police department if you feel that a crime has been committed, or if you suspect inappropriate activity.
* Check with your school to find out what precautions they take to protect your child and other children, and inquire about any programs dealing with strangers.
i am doing my senior project at school on child and i need info on pedophiles that were abused as children and why they find children appealing. i would greatly appreciate any info on that if you can. thank you!