Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Child ID Kit and other Child Protection topics.
Child identification kits are used for a variety of reasons. Because they contain personal contact information, such as parents' names, phone numbers, and work numbers, as well as a child's photo, DNA samples, and fingerprints, they are very important to law enforement and missing child agencies. Child identification kits might be used in the following instances:
* A child disappears or becomes lost at a school function.
* A child is kidnapped.
* A child becomes lost while traveling or in an unfamiliar place.
* A child is missing because of an accident or injury.
* A child is missing due to a catastrophic event, such as a hurricane, tornado, earthquake, etc.
* Identification of a child who has been killed.