Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Child Predators and other Child Protection topics.
There are several characteristics that commonly identify a child molester. As parents, educators, and public citizens, we all need to be aware of the warning signs in order to better protect ourselves and most importantly our children, from child molesters. Typical characteristics of a child molester may include the following:
* Most often male
* Usually married or has been married
* Can be in virtually any occupation
* Appears to get along better with children than adults.
* Looks for opportunities to be around children, either in work or through volunteering
* Collects child pornography and erotica
* Very secretive and may take great care in hiding any illegal activity.
* May have been molested as a child
* May correspond with other pedophiles and chld molesters