State Contacts

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about What You Can Do and other Child Protection topics.

State Contacts

Each state has a number to call specifically to report sex offenders or find out information on sex offenders. For information on your state, here is a list of numbers and emails:

Alabama Center for Missing and Exploited Children, or 1-800-228-7688

Alaska Department of Public Safety, 1-800-658-8892

Arizona Department of Public Safety, (602) 255-0611

Arkansas Crime Information Center or (501) 682-7441

California Department of Justice or (916) 227-4974

Colorado Department of Public Safety or 303-239-5732

Connecticut Department of Public Safety or (860) 685-8441

Delaware State Police State Bureau of Identification or (302) 739-5882

Florida Department of Law Enforcement or 1-888-357-7332

Georgia Bureau of Investigation, (404) 270-8465

Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center, (808) 587-3100

Idaho State Police, or (208) 884-7305

Illinois State Department of Police Intelligence Bureau or 1-800-658-8892

Indiana Sheriffs' Association or 1-800-622-4779

Iowa Sex Offender Registry, (515) 281-4976

Kansas Bureau of Investigation, (785)-296-8200

Kentucky State Police, 1-866-564-5652

Louisiana State Police, or 1-800-858-0551

Main State Police, or (207) 624-7270

Maryland Department of Public Safety or (410) 585-3600

Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board, (978) 740-6400

Michigan State Police, 517-322-5098

Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension or (888)234-1248

Mississippi Sex Offender Registry or (601)-368-1740

Missouri State Highway Patrol or (573) 526-6153

Montana Dept of Justice, or (406) 444-2497

Nebraska State Patrol,

Nevada Department of Public Safety, 775-687-6200

New Hampshire Sate Police, (603) 271-6344

New Jersey State Police, (609) 882-2000

New Mexico Department of Public Safety or (505) 827-9193

New York Division of Criminal Justice or (518) 457-3167

North Carolina Bureau of Investigation, (919) 662-4500

North Dakota Attorney General, or 800 366-6888

Ohio Attorney General, or 1-866-40-OHLEG

Oklahoma Department of Corrections,

Oregon State Police, (503) 378-3725

Pennsylvania State Police, 1-866-771-3170

Rhode Island Sex Offender Community Notification Unit, (401)462-0905

South Carolina Sex Offender Registry, (803) 896-7022

South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation, (605) 773-3331

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, 1-888-837-4170

Texas Dept of Public Safety,

Utah Dept of Corrections, - 801-545-5500

Vermont Criminal Information Center, 802-241-5400

Virginia State Police, (804) 674-6750

Washington State Patrol, (360) 705-5100

West Virginia State Police or (304) 746-2133

Wisconsin Dept of Corrections, (608)240-5830

Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation, (307) 777-7181



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Child Protection Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.