Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Child Protection Tips and other Child Protection topics.
Unfortunately, the Internet isn't always a safe place for children and teens. Realistically, however, kids will continue to surf the Web. How do we protect our kids and keep them safe online?
* i-Safe is a non-profit foundation that devotes its time to protecting children online. It is endorsed by the U.S. Congress, and it was founded in 1998. i-Safe works with law enforcement to educate parents, educators, and teens about the dangers of the Internet.
* CyberTipLine- This site handles leads concerning sexual exploitation of children.
* National Center for the Prosecution of Child Sexual Abuse- Contact this agency at 703-739-0321
* Obscenity Crimes Organization- This site allows concerned individuals to make a report online.
* Local Police and FBI- Don't forget to contact your local police department and Federal Bureau of Investigation to report a cyber crime. These are excellent child safety resources.