According to a U. S. Department of Justice, a study done by the National Child Protection Act of 1993 found the following statistics.
* Approximately one in five convicted offenders against children had victimized a child under the age of 18.
* Younger inmates weren't as likely as older inmates to victimize children.
* Eight out of ten convicted sex offenders had committed a sexual assault against a child under 18.
* Nineteen percent of inmates convicted of a violent crime committed that crime against a child.
* Of the those inmates who were convicted for sexual assault, a child was the victim in 78% of the cases.
* Seven out of ten sexual offenders reported that they were convicted of a rape or sexual assault.
i am doing my senior project at school on child and i need info on pedophiles that were abused as children and why they find children appealing. i would greatly appreciate any info on that if you can. thank you!
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|