While children have always been at the risk of harm from sexual deviants and offenders, the Internet has opened up many doors that allow sexual predators to prey on children easily. Internet options such as instant messaging and chat rooms make an encounter with a sexual offender a very real risk. What can you do to protect your child?
Each state has a list of sexual offenders, and anyone can easily access these lists. However, there are other steps that you can take.
* Monitor your child's computer access.
* Use the parental controls that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) offers.
* Keep your computer in a family oriented room, such as the kitchen or living room.
* Talk to your child about privacy issues.
* Tell your child to never give out private information over the Internet.
i am doing my senior project at school on child and i need info on pedophiles that were abused as children and why they find children appealing. i would greatly appreciate any info on that if you can. thank you!